A home espresso machine can be simple, basic and affordable. Or it can be sophisticated, powerful and the perfect coffee shop replacement.
The DeLonghi Dinamica is a super automatic espresso machine that aims to save you and I from the endless coffee shop runs by bringing quality delicious espressos into the comfort of our own homes. But is it the right machine for you?
DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025
Performance - 9.2/10
Ease of Use/Maintenance - 9/10
Build & Quality - 8.5/10
Design & Features - 8.7/10
User Satisfaction - 9/10
The De’Longhi Dinamica 35025 is a high quality bean to cup espresso machine that boasts consistency and versatility. It’s a nice mix of automation for the hands off drinker with a little bit of control for the coffee snob. Press a button and a fresh rich delicious espresso with crema or coffee is brewed for you quickly.
Or you can customize your experience by varying the type of beans you use, the grind profile, the strength, the temperature, the style of milk froth, and even the volume.
On the other hand, this machine could be perceived as overly complicated to get set up and use and the price is only for the most serious coffee drinkers.
In this quick straight to the gist DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 review, we answer the question and give our overall rating to help you decide.
Last update on 2023-03-22
- DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 Review and Rating
- Pros And Cons
- How Does It Compare?
- Final Verdict
DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 Review and Rating
Build & Quality
The DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 is made with mostly plastic, but does have a nice sleek stainless look to it.
Customer reviews suggest that the high-quality components of the machine make it durable and long-lasting for the average user, which is what you would expect from DeLonghi machines anyway.
Built & Quality Rating – 8.5/10
- The DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 focuses on making a smaller number of coffee drinks extremely well, with the modes being espresso, espresso lungo, drip style coffee and over ice.
Pressure and Capacity
- The Dinamica ECAM 35025 pulls espressos with a pump pressure of 15 bars and a removable water tank size of 60 ounces.
- This gives it a capacity of between 10 and 12 cups of coffee which is more than enough for the average coffee-drinking household and guests.
Heat Up Time and Strength
- The Dinamica ECAM has a 40-second heat-up time and coffee can be brewed to five different strengths from extra mild to extra strong, with multiple temp settings. This means strong or light espresso just the way you like it whipped up fast.
- Cup volume can also be adjusted and there’s a twin shot feature.
How Quiet is it?
- Even though it has a grinder, the Dinamica is pretty quiet which is a nice bonus for those early mornings. The steam wand may be a little noisy though.
Taste and Flavor
Everyone agrees the Dinamica will have you feeling like an at-home barista with all the delicious rich full bodied flavor beverages you can make. Plus every cup of coffee is customizable based on how much and how strong you want your coffee to be according to bean, blend or mood.
Over Ice Brew
Being the world’s first fully automatic espresso maker with iced coffee technology, the TrueBrew Over Ice feature uses a reduced temperature, pre-infusion to achieve a greater depth of flavor. Similar to what you might get from a cold brew, except the flavor may not be as robust since cold brew takes time to really extract well.
Performance Rating – 9.2/10
Ease of Use/Maintenance
The Dinamica ECAM35025 comes in at 9.3 in wide x 16.9 in long x 13.7 in high, making it fairly decent size, and can fit under the cabinet. It’s a moderate footprint so it won’t hog up alot of space on your kitchen countertop.
But this espresso machine does weigh a heavy 24.9 lbs. So it won’t be very easy to move around for cleaning underneath or to a different position.
The Dinamica features a touch-sensitive text display with a number of soft touch buttons displaying the individual functions and options. Pretty easy to use.
How easy it is to use?
The DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 is a simple machine to master due to a fewer number of modes compared to other models, but it does take some time to learn everything. It’s a good machine for those who want great-tasting coffee but don’t want to worry too much about having to babysit the brewing process.
The machine features a light panel that lets users know when any regular maintenance tasks are required. For example, it will let you know if it is running low on coffee or water, and it will also let you know if any component part needs cleaning or has not been inserted correctly.
How easy is it to clean?
Cleaning is a simple and efficient process. The design ensures there are no leftover grounds (another plus for producing the freshest brew). Just clean out the used grounds tray when its full. Both the brew unit and the dishwasher-safe drip tray are completely removable. No harsh chemicals are required to clean and takes little time to do.
Theres is also a self cleaning feature that runs automatically after every brew cycle.
Ease of use/Maintenance Rating – 9/10
The DelonghiDinamica ECAM 35025 is a fully automatic, bean-to-cup espresso machine. But it also allows for pre-ground coffee to be used.
- The machine’s interface allows for programmable brew strengths and different sizes, meaning that users can customize a series of one-touch drinks to make your favorites quickly and easily.
Built in Grinder
- There’s a high degree of customization you can use to whip up delicious espressos thanks to the 13 different settings on the adjustable steel burr grinders.
- Pre-ground coffee can be used when you’re short on time to wait for the full grinding/brewing process.
- The premium steam wand has two adjustable settings– dry texture milk foam (for cappuccinos) and hot milk (for lattes) – with the versatility required these days to create creamy, frothy drinks from all types of milk – dairy and non-dairy.
Coffee Bean Hopper
- The Dianamica sports a nice size bean capacity of just over a 10.5 oz.
- The Dinamica ECAM35025 is available in two different colors, black or silver, to complement any kitchen décor and the current retail price on the official Delonghi website is $1099.95.
Design/Features Rating – 8.7/10
- The Dinamica ECAM35025 comes with a 2 Year Warranty and you can also redeem another additional year if you register your new machine online.
On the whole, customers expressed a good deal of satisfaction with the DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025, citing its ease of use and diminutive size as positive factors for people who are looking for a high quality, well manufactured espresso coffee machine that does not make the process of brewing coffee house quality lattes, cappuccinos too difficult for the inexperienced.
Rating – 9/10
Overall Average Rating: 8.9/10
Pros And Cons
Things we like:
- Makes excellent tasting drinks every single time
- Easy to use
- Can make coffee and espressos as a combo machine
- Customizable with different grind settings, brew volume, and milk froth
- Easy to maintain
- Will make you forget all about Starbucks!
Things we don’t like:
- Has a pretty steep learning curve in the beginning
- Single boiler means you can’t brew espressos and steam milk at the same time, so plan accordingly
- Steam wand could be better for this price range
- Ice feature isn’t a true cold brew
- Some say there’s no difference between the true brew ice and just adding ice to a regular espresso. But likely it was designed really to offer cold versions of your favorite beverages without losing taste quality.
- Cleaning cycle can leak out water from the dual spouts. A bit messy, but leaving a cup underneath can fix the problem.
How Does It Compare?
Let’s compare the DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 with a couple of similar high end luxury machines in the same range.
DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 vs. Jura ENA 8
- Both automatic machines can make delicious, rich high quality espressos with crema at the touch of a button, are programmable and easy to use.
- But the Jura has a few more available recipes, and brews with a proprietary pulp extraction process, and is twice the cost.
- The Dinamica on the other hand rocks a larger water reservoir and bean hopper.
- The Jura ENA 8 might be a good choice for a coffee drinker who likes to experiment with lots of different modes and recipes, while the DeLonghi Dinamica is a choice for those who want the automation at lower entry price
DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 vs. SIEMENS Home Connect TQ703GB7 Smart Bean To Cup Coffee Machine
- Both machines offer one touch drink making, with similar measurements and model weights for easy kitchen movability.
- The key difference between these two models is that the SIEMENS Home Connect utilizes smartphone technology to enable users to activate their brewing process from a device. Depending on how tech savvy you are, this can be a big plus or just another in the long list of redundant features.
- People who are very invested in making their homes as ‘smart’ as possible might see the SIEMENS Home Connect as the preferred option for a similar price point as the Delonghi Dinamica.
The Dinamica is high quality bean to cup espresso machine that boasts consistency and versatility. It’s a nice mix of automation with a little bit of control for the coffee snob. If you don’t have the time, you can press a button and a fresh delicious espresso with crema is brewed for you quickly. The fact you can make all sorts of beverages included iced versions and regular drip coffee is a big plus.
But if you want a more hands on custom experience, you can play around with the type of beans you use, the grind profile, the strength of your brew, the temperature, the style of milk froth, and even the volume you get.
Downside is it could be perceived as overly complicated to get set up and use. But if you take your time with it, it’s actually pretty simple to learn. Once things are set up, it’s easy breezy from there!
Also the price is a tough pill to swallow. But super automatic machines of this caliber are going to run you about this price. If you’re serious about coffee espressos from home that taste like the coffee shop then the price is well worth it.
Last update on 2023-03-22
If you’re a newer espresso drinker, consider starting with a lower to mid tier semi-automatic machine first to get the hang of pulling espressos and appreciating the rich creamy flavors. Nespressos are great mid tier high quality espresso option we like!
For more quality DeLonghi machines to consider, check out our favorites here:
- Full and Super Automatics
- Manual and Semi Automatics
How long should the DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM35025 last?
When used properly according to instructions and taken care of and maintained as recommended by the manufacturer, a DeLonghi Dinamica ECAM 35025 or any other DeLonghi machine should last an average coffee-drinking household for more than ten years.
How often should I descale my Dinamica ECAM35025?
It is recommended to descale a DeLonghi coffee machine with a proprietary cleaner every three months.
Can I leave a Dinamica ECAM35025 on?
If the machine does not have an auto-off function, it can still be left on but it is recommended that you turn the machine off when not using it to save on energy usage.
Coffee Has Never Read This Good!
Sign up for a FREE newsletter to the best home brewing tips and guides
Thank you for subscribing to The Cup Coffee House Crew! There's a surprise in your Inbox 🙂
Something went wrong.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
“Jules” is a pharmacist by day and investor, writer, and health nut by night. When he’s not sipping on some coffee laced with MCT oil during an 18 hour fast, he is writing about how to get your coffee grind on or playing Monopoly with his 2 boys and wife. Ahh…life is good!