Performance - 9.4/10
Ease of Use/ Maintenance - 9/10
Build & Quality - 9/10
Design & Features - 9.2/10
User Satisfaction - 9/10
Keurig K-Elite single serve coffee maker makes great tasting coffee, tea, cocoa in multiple cup sizes in less than a minute. While the K-Elite isn’t the most space saving or cheapest machine, you will get pretty good quality brews and value at this price point. To us, it ranks high as one of the best you can buy: a good combination of quality and durability.
The Keurig K-Elite is one of the more popular Keurig machines, but is it a good fit for you? In this quick straight to the gist Keurig K-Elite review, we answer the question and give our overall rating to help you decide.
Last update on 2023-03-23
- The Pros and Cons
- Why do you care about the Keurig K-Elite?
- How does it Compare?
- Final Verdict
The Pros and Cons
|Things We Like|
|Can make 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. single cup of coffee, tea, cocoa|
|Brews fast (1-2 minutes)|
|Uses K cup pods (lots of flavors to choose from!)|
|Will work with My K cup universal reusable coffee filter (so you can use coffee grounds too!)|
|Strong brew option|
|Iced coffee option|
|Can dispense hot water fast|
|Programmable brew option|
|Customizable temperature control (though its only between 187-192)|
|Good flavor coffee, nice taste; slightly above a typical Keurig|
|Fairly quiet with its quiet brew technology|
|75 oz. removable water reservoir to minimize refilling|
|Brushed finish design|
|Will last longer than typical Keurig machines|
|User friendly with digital display, and easy press buttons|
|Will fit taller mugs (up to 7.2 in.) after removing drip tray|
|Auto off safety feature|
|Maintenance reminders – like add water, or descale; easily drained for storage|
|Things We Don’t Like|
|Not exactly a space saver (9.9 in. wide, 13.1 in. tall, 12.7 in. deep)|
|Not exactly portable with average weight: 8 lbs.|
|Made of mostly plastic|
|May splatter as it brews|
|Cannot see water level from the front, only from the side|
|Have to take off whole lid for water reservoir; difficult to secure back in place|
|Warranty only good for a year|
|Doesn’t make specialty drinks|
|A bit pricey, runs just shy of $200|
Why do you care about the Keurig K-Elite?
- 1-minute brew time:
- Faster than older Keurigs
- Great for when you really need to get out the door fast
- Means you can also whip up several cups fairly quickly back to back if there’s a group waiting
- Instant hot water
- Forget about the microwave. Now you can get hot water fast for oatmeal, cereal, soup, etc.
- Iced setting
- Great for a cool caffeinated beverage
- Combined with a strong brew setting means delicious brews either hot or cold
How does it Compare?
Keurig K-Elite vs Sifene Single Serve Brewer
Both the K-Elite and Sifene:
- Will brew a single cup of hot coffee in less than 2 minutes using K cup pods with one button operation
- Have several cup sizes to choose from, including reusable filter cups
- Have the auto off safety feature
But the differences:
- The Sifene is much lighter and compact than the K-Elite – more space saving
- The Sifene will accommodate a travel mug only up to 6.3 in; the K-Elite is 7 in.
- The Sifene comes with a smaller water reservoir at 50 oz.
- The Sifene is almost less than half the price of the K-Elite – more affordable
And the winner?
- K-Elite if you want to go single serve in general and get the most value
- Sifene if you’re really on a budget and lack space
Keurig K-Elite vs. Mueller Ultimate Single Serve
Both the K-Elite and Mueller:
- Brew a single serve cup of coffee, tea fairly fast using K-cup pods and reusable pods
- Are simple to operate
- Come with auto shut off safety feature
- The Mueller is more compact and space saving
- Mueller has a smaller water reservoir of 10 oz. – comparable to a K-Mini
- The Mueller only accommodates a travel mug up to 4.1 in tall
- The Mueller is much cheaper at less than $60
- The Mueller if you are traveling, or want a machine in your office, dorm, or RV
- The K-Elite if you have the space and want more customizable features and design
Overall, the Keurig K-Elite single serve coffee maker makes great tasting coffee, tea, cocoa in multiple cup sizes in less than a minute.
If you are a day to day coffee drinker who likes a convenient hot cup fast, you will not only be impressed by the features like strong brew, and large reservoir but also that this machine tendency to last longer than other Keurig’s on the market.
While the K-Elite isn’t the lightest or most space saving, or the cheapest machine, you will get pretty good quality brews and value at this price point. To us, it ranks high as one of the best you can buy: a good combination of quality and durability.
Last update on 2023-03-23
For more Keurig coffee makers to consider, check out our reviews on the
Is the K-Elite worth it?
Overall, we like the Keurig K-Elite as probably one of the better Keurig machines you can buy. It makes good hot coffee with intensity if you want it, has a sizable water reservoir, and has several cup sizes to choose from. It is a bit pricey. But if it’s going to last you several years, then we think it’s a great investment.
Can you use ground coffee in a Keurig Elite?
Like most Keurig coffee makers currently on the market, the Keurig K-Elite is compatible with the My K cup universal reusable coffee filter. So all you do is just add your favorite blend of coffee grounds, pop in the reusable K-cup and your good to go. Just remember not to grind your grounds too fine, or overfill and tamp your grounds too much.
Will the K-Elite accept third party non Keurig branded K-cups?
Yes, the Keurig K-Elite doesn’t come with the hated DRM (digital rights management) tag that scans for Keurig approved pods like the Keurig 2.0 machines did. This means you can safely enjoy any K-cup pod brand you prefer.
Coffee Has Never Read This Good!
Sign up for a FREE newsletter to the best home brewing tips and guides
Thank you for subscribing to The Cup Coffee House Crew! There's a surprise in your Inbox 🙂
Something went wrong.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
“Jules” is a pharmacist by day and investor, writer, and health nut by night. When he’s not sipping on some coffee laced with MCT oil during an 18 hour fast, he is writing about how to get your coffee grind on or playing Monopoly with his 2 boys and wife. Ahh…life is good!
1 thought on “Keurig K-Elite Review: Our Beginners Report (Worth it to You?) 2023”
did you compare Sifene 3 in 1 single serve coffee machine with Keruig