I like my latte beverage to be nice and hot if I plan on having one. So if you’re like me and looking to ditch Starbucks and start making your favorite beverages from home, Nespresso has to be in the discussion.
And the Nespresso Lattissima Pro stands out as a worthy home espresso machine option. But is it right for you?
Nespresso Lattissima Pro
Performance - 9.3/10
Ease of Use/Maintenance - 9.3/10
Build & Quality - 9.4/10
Design & Features - 9/10
User Satisfaction - 9.2/10
The Nespresso Lattissima Pro does what a coffee lover dreams of. It produces hot delicious coffee espresso in multiple sizes fast and easy. With one button and a pod, your espresso is brewed up and milk is frothed for you to make delicious beverages anytime you want. It takes little space, is easy to maintain and last for years on end.
And while you do have to make sure you maintain the frother consistently or it’ll likely give out and the machine is fairly pricey, the overall value is there for anyone who values quality and convenience.
In this quick straight to the gist Nespresso Lattissima Pro review, we answer the question and give our overall rating to help you decide.
Last update on 2023-03-26
- What We Like and Don’t Like (Pros and Cons)
- Why do you care about the Nespresso Lattissima Pro?
- How does it compare?
- Final Verdict
What We Like and Don’t Like (Pros and Cons)
Build/Quality (9.4 out of 10)
|What is it made of?||Plastic with anodized aluminum exterior; Sleek design|
Made by De’Longhi
|How durable is it?||Pretty durable; Some customers mention they have had their Lattissima Pro for 5-7 plus years!|
Performance (9.3 out of 10)
|What brew modes does it have?||7 buttons for ristretto (1/2 of an espresso), espresso, lungo (espresso with more water) shots, latte macchiato, cappuccino, straight milk, and hot water|
|Steam wand for frothing?||Doesn’t have a traditional steam wand; Instead has milk tank which steams and froths milk inside and releases it via a spout automatically into your espresso. |
Can adjust the milk froth texture via regulator dial
|How many cups does it make?||Brews a single serving at time: 25 to 200 ml (0.85 to 6.8 oz.)|
|How quiet is it?||A bit noisy but not terrible|
|How is the taste and flavor?||Almost everyone says the Lattissima Pro produces some of the best coffee espresso with half inch crema you will ever have.|
|How fast does it brew one cup or batch? Heat up time?||Heat up time is pretty fast, 25 sec for espresso and 15 more sec for the milk. Will brew up a shot in 15 seconds.|
Ease of use/ Maintenance (9.3 out of 10)
|How big is it?||13 in long, 7.6 in wide, and 10.8 in high; reasonable size and won’t take up much space on your counter tops|
|How heavy? Portable?||At 12.6 lbs., it’s a bit on the heavier side and not very portable|
|LCD display or push buttons or both?||Digital display|
|How easy is it to use?||Pretty easy to use: Just pop in a pod, press one button to choose your beverage, and watch the brew and milk come to life.|
|Maintenance reminders?||Yes, has a descaling alert|
|How easy is it to clean?||Has a semi-automatic daily cleaning feature; |
Fairly easy to clean, with all the parts dishwasher safe.
The milk frothing tank is simple to clean too: just take it apart, and wash with hot water once a week. But may require more maintenance.
Design/Features (9.0 out of 10)
|Does it use pods or ground coffee or both?||Original line Nespresso Pods only|
|Permanent coffee filter included?||n/a|
|Programmable?||The ristretto, espresso, and lungo buttons can be set to brew varying amounts of espresso between the two settings. But there is no auto brew option.|
|Auto shut off, energy saving mode?||Yes, will shut off after 9 minutes; can extend to 8 hours|
|Any other notable tech features?||Water hardness settings: 5 levels|
|Removable water reservoir? How big?||Yes, 43 oz.|
|Come with carafe? Thermal or glass? Size?||n/a|
|Can it dispense hot water?||Yes, has a nozzle for hot water; great for teas or oatmeal|
|Drip tray removable to accommodate larger mugs?||Yes, drip tray folds|
|Any other unique features?||Has a used capsule container capacity of 13; |
Removable 16 oz. milk jug that froths and steams from the inside
|Come in different colors?||Just one base color|
|Pricing||A bit pricey, $600 plus but worth it given the value|
User Satisfaction (9.2 out of 10)
|Warranty?||Yes, one-year warranty plus a lifetime of troubleshooting assistance through Nespresso’s toll free line|
|Specific customer feedback, good and bad||The coffee espresso is delicious and creamy, practically barista like quality with minimum effort. Milk frothing tank works better than a typical frother producing delicious foamy creamy lattes and cappuccinos. |
But can fail on you if not maintained properly. Probably works better with cow’s milk vs plant based milks.
Machine sometimes overheats a bit.
Why do you care about the Nespresso Lattissima Pro?
- Delicious flavor
- Nespresso does a good job of combining quality roasts into an easy to use pod with a machine that brews well
- The mouthwatering aroma and delicious brew with crema it pulls is reason enough to just buy!
- Simple and easy to use
- All you need to remember is how to press one button for the Lattissima Pro to get to work
- There’s a button for ristretto, espresso, lungo, latte, cappuccino.
- Sizable water tank means less refilling between uses.
- Honestly if you’re paying this much money, it should be practically hands off…which it is!
- Versatile and durable
- Choosing between an espresso, short or long and a milk based beverage is convenient
- Means you can have a nice hot cup of coffee when you need to be out the door, or a delicious treat when you have the time to take it easy
- Personally, its ability to hold up well is one of the biggest selling points to me; Means less time worrying if it’s going to work and more time enjoying your cup of espresso coffee.
How does it compare?
Lattissima Pro vs Mr. Coffee One Touch CoffeeHouse+ Espresso, Cappuccino, and Latte Maker
- Brew with 19 bars of pressure.
- Are easy to use; Have options to brew a delicious espresso, latte, or cappuccino using one touch buttons.
- Have removable automatic milk reservoirs that steam and froth milk separately from the machines.
- Mr. Coffee can brew a single or double shot at a time, while the Lattissima Pro can only pull one shot at a time, albeit with adjustable volume.
- Mr. Coffee uses coffee grounds with an option to manually pull your shot; Nespresso uses pods only.
- Mr. Coffee comes with a progress bar to let you know when your brew is ready.
- Mr. Coffee comes in at about half the price of the Lattissima Pro.
- Both machines are likely to give you a great experience so it will come down to the details.
- If you prefer using your own grounds, and don’t want to spend too much, then lean on the Mr. Coffee One Touch CoffeeHouse+.
- If you value the convenience and speed of pods, and committed to the flavors Nespresso offers, then go with the Lattissima Pro.
The Nespresso Lattissima Pro is practically a coffee lover’s dream machine. It produces hot delicious coffee espresso in multiple sizes fast and easy. With one button and a pod, your espresso is brewed up and milk is frothed for you to make delicious beverages anytime you want. It takes little space, is easy to maintain and last for years on end. Honestly that’s as good as it gets!
But you do have to make sure you maintain the frother consistently or it’ll likely give out and the machine is fairly pricey. The pods themselves can also be pricey, but still end up being a better deal than going to Starbucks every day.
Overall, the Lattissima Pro is a beautiful combination of convenience and quality. For the price you’re paying, seems to me like really good value.
You should buy if:
- You want delicious convenient pod espresso coffee done for you fast
- You want a simple easy way to enjoy milk based beverages
- Durability and versatility is a big deal for you
You should NOT buy if:
- You’re on a budget
- Small shots of espresso is not your thing, and prefer a sizable cup of coffee
- You prefer using your own ground coffee
Last update on 2023-03-26
Nespresso has a whole line of Lattissima machines to choose from. Check out reviews on each one:
For more Nespresso machines to consider, check out our reviews on a few of my favorites:
- Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Nespresso Evoluo
- Nespresso Pixie
- Nespresso Citiz&Milk
- Nespresso Creatista Plus
Nespresso Lattissima Pro vs. One: What’s the difference?
The flavors and aroma of coffee are pretty much the same quality between the Lattissima Pro and One.
But there are a few differences: 1) Lattissima Pro has more coffee options including a ristretto with an LCD display 2) Can heat milk by itself and froths more consistently. 3) Dispenses hot water. 4) Has a larger milk tank, water reservoir, and used pod container. 5) Priced higher.
But the Lattissima One is slightly more compact and lighter and heats up faster.
Does the Lattissima Pro make regular coffee?
Technically no, it only makes espressos which are generally more concentrated than coffee. But the Lattissima Pro does have a lungo option which is like a larger espresso or Americano. And since you can adjust the volume of espresso it makes, you can probably make yourself a nice size lungo espresso.
Or you can just opt for the Nespresso Vertoline machines which do make coffee and espresso.
Coffee Has Never Read This Good!
Sign up for a FREE newsletter to the best home brewing tips and guides
Thank you for subscribing to The Cup Coffee House Crew! There's a surprise in your Inbox 🙂
Something went wrong.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
“Jules” is a pharmacist by day and investor, writer, and health nut by night. When he’s not sipping on some coffee laced with MCT oil during an 18 hour fast, he is writing about how to get your coffee grind on or playing Monopoly with his 2 boys and wife. Ahh…life is good!